[blindLaw] LSAT accessible materials and courses

Teresita Rios teresitarios22 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 17:29:32 UTC 2022

For the LSAT I used a combination of Khan academy free study materials and
books I can buy from kindle or Ibooks. I like the Fox LSAT books and how
they explained things..
For the Logic games I made several Charts in word doc.
but used Textboxes instead of regular tables.
I also had sited family members describe charts on the books if they were
not described. But Khan academy does a good job of describing the charts on
their website.

I think those are the hardest part of the LSAT.

I took a gap year to study. and I would say apply before Christmas time or
right after it. Do not wait as applications are on a rolling basis.

Aim high, I applied to all the top 15 and then I sat with me and asked what
I wanted from the experience.
Of course a good legal education,  and strong alumni connections in the
parts of the Nation or World where you would like to practice. but I wanted
a close knit community and diversity of thought where disagreements are
faced with logic and charity.
I wanted a place where I would feel confortable feeling stupid, as I am a
first gen immigrant, not used to ligalistic words, and my dear parents are
not accademics at all. I knew it was going to be different from Undergrad
in the level of (well nerdiness).
I am also a practicing Catholic and I know that also played a large part of
why I chose Notre Dame Law School.
But you do not have to be Catholic, yet the idea of finding your vocation
in the legal field is strengthening  when facing the struggles of such a
competitive career. Finally, the constant encouragement of Being a
Different Kind of Lawyer, makes you reflect if your choices are in
furtherance of the common good as well as your own.
I do not think I could have found that encouragement of  introspection and
discernment anywhere else.

Also try to speak with professors, students and Alumni of the universities
that really catch your attention. And if you can, visit the Schools. I
applied at the end of 2019, and I was going to visit schools in 2020, but
COVID so I missed the exploring and free merch of several schools.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to reach out!
Good Luck!
Teresita