[blindLaw] Preparing for and taking notes on cross examinations

Teresita Rios teresitarios22 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 14:51:59 UTC 2022

I love Trial Advocacy

For cross, Robb, is correct.
I wrote my cross ahead of time, because We have to be ready to impeach the
Witness (just in case)  so having page numbers, paragraph numbers and line
numbers  from the deposition and exhibits in all of my lines is super
important.
I have several docs opened.
One was a impeachment script, another was my cross, and another was my
exhibits and depositions. (all with headings and sub headings)

I just take notes of the opposing council's direct, if they addressed
interesting arguments I have not thought of or herd before.
My notes go on the top of my prepared cross,
I also used lots of headings too.
In cross I am just, trying to admit the key facts to build my Closing
arguments. So if in the process of doing that I can bring exhibits and
deposition facts that create doubts of the statements or motives or
character of the witness, that is only extra points.

So for redirect notes. I just added a deviding line with lots of
- (dashes)
Before the dash I have my fleshed out direct outline,
With headings, and a side (finder panel displaying the headlines) so i
always have access to an outline of my notes and I can jomp to any argument
I have

under the dashes I have my re direct., notes, try to think of arguments
ahead of time. But sometimes there are some new ones and the best part is
to not tuch those. Unless  you have a good defence or fact addressing that
point.

Work on an argument for closing though. But  focus only on your strongest
facts/exhibits that rebut what was directly addressed on Cross.

I only use my computer, and a screen reader with earbuds.
--
on the other hand, if I am taking notes on the cross of my partner?
then I write it on Word and (discreetly push my computer away from me to

Attached you will find my  impeachment script.
Use transition lines to guide the jury and some closed question starters.

Best of luck, and have fun!
Teresita Rios