[blindLaw] Question on the ADA for law school project.

Teresita Rios teresitarios22 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 23:56:12 UTC 2022

Dear all,,
This is probably not the group to ask, but.

Is anyone an ADA expert or know one?

I am having issues finding any sections or administrative guidance
supporting
ADA accessible refrigerators.
My question is because I wrote an entire note urging an expansion of the
ADA  to new technology including touch screen appliances.

 I found several websites claiming to have ADA refrigerators.

https://www.spencerstv.com/blog/best-ada-compliant-refrigerators.
and also GE.
https://www.geappliances.com/ge/ada-compliant/

"
ADA Requirements for Top-Freezer Refrigerators

To be considered ADA compliant, GE top-freezer refrigerators must meet the
following requirements:

   -
      - 100% of the fresh food space below 54 inches.
      - 50% of the freezer space below 54 inches.

Controls must:

   -
      - Be below 54 inches.
      - Be operable with one hand and not require tight grasping, pinching
      or twisting of the wrist.
      - Require force of less than 5 lbs to activate."

Does anyone know where the guidance comes from?

I already searched Westlaw, Nexus and Hineonline, Bloomberg. major cites.
Google Scholar etc.

If anyone knows, let me know.
Warmly,
Teresita