[blindLaw] FW: [JAWSBeta-Info] TSN: On Dell computers, Windows becomes sluggish, Virtual memory errors appear, or applications unexpectedly close or crash when Waves MaxxAudio Service is running.

Lauren Bishop laurenbishop96 at icloud.com
Thu Feb 24 16:20:11 UTC 2022

Those are better computers, but this problem is concerning for those who may have to use Del and their workplaces.
Lauren

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 24, 2022, at 11:13 AM, Capelle, Michael <capellem at fastmail.com> wrote:
>
> With my experience, I have had better luck with Lenovo and HP, nothing but issues with dell.

>>> in/1786<https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%
>>> 2F%2Fsupport.freedomscientific.com%2FSupport%2FTechnicalSupport%2FBul
>>> letin%2F1786&data=04%7C01%7Cdavid.b.andrews%40state.mn.us%7Cbd244a65d
>>> 30140be40c008d9ec1fc7ee%7Ceb14b04624c445198f26b89c2159828c%7C0%7C0%7C
>>> 637800443507475455%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIj
>>> oiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&sdata=bjiAzw%2F7d3Cxq
>>> 0mMs2bPIaVvHPegHRvy6MvoHIbcPbs%3D&reserved=0>
>>>

>>> Short Description
>>>
>>> On Dell computers, Windows becomes sluggish, Virtual memory errors
>>> appear, or applications unexpectedly close or crash when Waves
>>> MaxxAudio Service is running.
>>>
>>> Problem
>>>
>>> If your Dell PC or laptop uses the Waves MaxxAudio Service for its
>>> onboard audio chipset, problems may occur the longer you use the
>>> computer. Windows® may become sluggish. Applications such as JAWS®
>>> or Microsoft Teams may close or crash unexpectedly. Virtual memory errors might occur.
>>>
>>> See the Detailed Description section below before continuing to the
>>> Solution if you wish to have more background information.
>>>
>>> Solution
>>>
>>> To disable or enable the Waves MaxxAudio Service Application:
>>>
>>> 1.  Open Task Manager (the shortcut is CTRL+SHIFT+ESC).
>>> 2.  Press the TAB key once. If this navigates to More Details, then
>>> press the SPACEBAR to show more details.
>>> 3.  Navigate to the Startup tab.
>>> 4.  Navigate to the list of items table.
>>> 5.  Type w to navigate to the items starting with the letter w.