[blindLaw] Law Firm Accommodations

Al Elia al.elia at aol.com
Thu Jan 6 18:09:57 UTC 2022

Also, if any of the systems Laura mentioned aren’t accessible, or are
so clunkily accessible that they will impair your efficiency, you may
want to ask for a legal assistant to assist you with them and/or ask for
a conversation with IT about alternative methods. As an example, I have
found even the accessible timekeeping systems to be incredibly
inefficient to use, so I keep my time in a spreadsheet that is formatted
for importing into the timekeeping systems (most TK systems allow
importing from some kind of spreadsheet-exportable file), and IT should
be able to provide you with a importable template.

As an aside, I suspect asking for these sort of accommodations will
demonstrate to your supervisors that you understand the importance of
billing and attorney efficiency. Should you need to use an LA for some
systems, it will help you learn (and demonstrate ability) to delegate
and direct others, which is an important skill for management that many
of us do not learn anymore now that we do not have to use human readers
as much.

Good luck!

/Æ