[blindLaw] NABL 2022 Annual Meeting

Scott C. LaBarre slabarre at labarrelaw.com
Wed Jul 6 17:19:47 UTC 2022

Greetings NABL!!

Tomorrow, July 7th, we will be holding our Annual Meeting here at the NFB
Convention at 1:00 PM Central time in the Marriott, Galerie 3 which is on
the Second Floor.  We will also be Zooming the meeting.  The link is below
in our Agenda.  Payment of dues and for access to the materials is on the
honor   system this year.  There are two ways to do this.  First, go to:

www.blindlawyers.net <http://www.blindlawyers.net>

and use the Pay Pal link to make the appropriate payment.  Second, you can
pay in person tomorrow at Galerie 3 starting at 12:30 PM.

Now, for access to the materials, you can visit our Dropbox and download
them directly.  Go to:

NABL 2022 Program
<https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ztlyakypdhmxg4f/AACY1N3vTf6O93zO7J5SIZhpa?dl=0>

Again, we are operating on the honor system.  If you are an attorney and are
going to use the materials to support a CLE application, please pay the
additional fee.  For others, we appreciate whatever additional contribution
you may be able to make to support the cost of assembling all of these
materials.

Okay, here is the agenda complete with the Zoom link.  It will be great
seeing many of you in person, and we look forward to connecting virtually as
well.

AGENDA

NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BLIND LAWYERS

2022 ANNUAL MEETING

-----

Thursday, July 7, 2022

Galerie 3

Marriott New Orleans

New Orleans, Louisiana

Join Zoom Meeting

 <https://zoom.us/j/98302680865?pwd=NmIvWVBybTBzRWdHKzliSElQZUlwZz09>
https://zoom.us/j/98302680865?pwd=NmIvWVBybTBzRWdHKzliSElQZUlwZz09

Note:  This meeting is taking place in U.S. Central Time.

1:00 PM     WELCOME AND LOGISTICS

Scott LaBarre, President, NABL, Centennial, CO

1:05 PM     TRIBUTE TO CHARLIE BROWN

Marc Maurer, Immediate Past President, NFB, Baltimore, MD; Denise Avant,
Board Member, NABL, Chicago, IL

1:20 PM     THE EFFECT OF THE SUPREME COURT'S RULING IN COMINGS AND OTHER
RECENT CASES ON THE STATE OF DISABILITY RIGHTS

Eve Hill, Partner, Brown, Goldstein & Levy, Baltimore, MD

1:50 PM     THE UNFULFILLED PROMISE OF SECTION 508 AND WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW
ABOUT TITLE IX

Tim Elder, Second Vice President, NABL, Freemont, CA; Ronza Othman, First
Vice President, NABL, Baltimore, MD; Marc Maurer, Immediate Past President,
NFB, Catonsville, MD

2:30 PM     BLIND ATTORNEY SUCCESSFULLY ARGUING BEFORE THE SUPREME COURT

Karla Gilbride, Staff Attorney, Public Justice, Washington DC

2:55 PM     ADVANCING THE RIGHTS OF THE BLIND AND OTHERS WITH DISABILITIES:
A Survey of NFB Litigation

Scott LaBarre, General Counsel, NFB, Centennial, CO; Valerie Yingling, Legal
Program Coordinator, NFB, Baltimore MD

3:20 PM     WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN THE AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION AND ELEVATE
YOUR PRACTICE

Judy Perry Martinez, Past President, ABA, New Orleans, LA; Denise Avant,
Member, ABA Board of Governors, Chicago, IL

3:45 PM     A TOWN HALL ON PRACTICING LAW AS BLIND ATTORNEYS

We invite everyone to bring their questions on how to handle various aspects
of law practice as blind and visually impaired attorneys as well as be ready
to share your experience.

4:15 PM     ELECTIONS AND DIVISION BUSINESS

4:30 PM     ADJOURN TO RECEPTION

Join us for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres as we celebrate the progress of our
organization.  Network and meet your fellow blind attorneys and legal
professionals.  We thank our NABL Board of Directors who raised over $2,000
among Board Members to sponsor this year's reception!