[blindLaw] Making documents need in Microsoft Word

Lauren Bishop laurenbishop96 at icloud.com
Fri Jul 8 14:54:43 UTC 2022

Hi Sarah,
Below are some things I do that I find really helpful in formatting documents.
If you are a jaws user, text analyzer will help you catch inconsistencies with spacing and font changes. To use this function, press windows Plus alt plus I.
Another feature I find helpful is to press insert plus F or caps luck plus F on a laptop keyboard. If you hit this command once, it will tell you the font color and style. If you hit it a second time, you will get more detail.  When I am formatting, I will either ask for a word document of a symbol that my workplace has for the type of document I am working on and use the insert plus F command to have jaws read out the particular formatting attributes in the document. As soon as Joyce reads out the information I want to know the formatting of, I press insert plus F

Also, when I don’t know how to format, I will simply Google, “how to format (insert item here) with the screen reader, “and the Microsoft support page will come up.
I hope this helps
Sincerely,
Lauren

Sent from my iPhone