[blindLaw] Employment Litigation Attorney opening - Public SectorSeattle

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Fri Jun 3 21:11:08 UTC 2022

From: Stephanie Sato <Stephanie.Sato at kingcounty.gov>
Sent: Friday, June 3, 2022 1:48 PM
To: Diversity Stakeholders <diversity-stakeholders at list.wsba.org>
Cc: Johnson, Hazel <Hazel.Johnson at kingcounty.gov>
Subject: [diversity-stakeholders] Employment Litigation Attorney opening - Public Sector

Hello,

We are looking for an attorney with 3-5 years of Employment Litigation experience for our Civil Division.  Please share widely, thanks!

Qualified candidates can apply here:  https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/kingcounty/jobs/3578580/employment-litigation-attorney
The full job posting is also attached.

Employment Litigation Attorney
Salary
$111,550.40 - $152,568.00 Annually
Location
Seattle - Downtown Core, WA
Job Type
Regular, Full time, 40 hrs/week
Department
PAO - Prosecuting Attorneys
Job Number
2022-16270
Division
Civil
Closing
6/30/2022 11:59 PM Pacific

[Employment Litigation Attorney description image]

King County Prosecuting Attorney's Office
Civil Litigation Employment Attorney
Civil Division, Litigation Section

The Civil Division<https://kingcounty.gov/depts/prosecutor/civil-division.aspx> of the King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office is in search of an enthusiastic and analytical attorney to join our team in the Litigation Section, focusing primarily on employment litigation.

 We value diversity and strive to hire a workforce that reflects the community that we serve. It is essential to our mission that we create and maintain an office that is diverse and inclusive. All PAO employees are expected to participate in PAO equity work and attend equity trainings and discussions. PAO employees are expected to comply with equity and social justice principles, and to work with PAO colleagues and management to identify opportunities for improvement.
Job Duties

Employment litigators in the Litigation Section defend King County and King County Employees and officials in lawsuits brought on by current and former King County employees in federal and state courts, including appeals.  Lawsuits commonly involve allegations of discrimination, retaliation, failure to accommodate disabilities, and other claims brought under the Washington Law against Discrimination and Title VII of the federal Civil Rights Act.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills

 EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:

·       Enthusiasm, initiative, and an ability to successfully lead a team on complex matters
·       Outstanding analytical abilities
·       Excellent legal research and writing skills
·       Demonstrable commitment to equity and social justice, including continued development of personal cultural humility/competence
·       Desire to litigate in state and federal courts
·       3-5 years of employment litigation experience
·       Must be Washington State Bar qualified
Special Requirements:
·       Member in good standing with the Washington State Bar.
·       Must submit to a criminal history check.
·       U.S. Citizenship (per RCW 36.27 and 29A.04 and Article VI of the WA Constitution

Supplemental Information

Application Process:
 1) Attach cover letter & resume to completed online application
 2) Provide writing sample

Salary: Depends on experience

Benefits Package:  The County offers an excellent benefits package including employee and dependent coverage for Medical, Dental and Vision at no cost to the employee.  Employees also receive life insurance, long term disability and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.  Employees are members of the Washington State Retirement System.  Other benefits are available, including deferred compensation and flexible spending accounts, for interested employees.  The Prosecuting Attorney’s Office pays Bar dues and provides opportunities for free CLE credits.

 For more information regarding this recruitment, please contact:
Jessica Kozma, Section Head (206) 477-9536 or Heidi Jacobsen-Watts, Interim Assistant Section Head (206) 477-1861.

The King County Prosecuting Attorney's Office has a Telecommuting Policy.  Please inquire for details.

**I am in the office on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

[cid:image001.png at 01D87750.47074F20]
Stephanie Sato (she/her)
Sr. Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, HR/Administration
King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office
516 3rd Avenue | Seattle | WA | 98104
Office/Cell: (206) 477-1078
Email: stephanie.sato at kingcounty.gov<mailto:stephanie.sato at kingcounty.gov>

---