[blindLaw] perception around accepting video resumes?

Thomas Dukeman ThomasDukeman at outlook.com
Sat Jun 25 21:59:51 UTC 2022

Hello fellow legal beagles!

I just had an interesting thought experiment with myself about video resumes. Apparently they are quite frowned upon by sighted individuals because there’s possible issues with discrimination that might come into question should be rejected (such as “oh you rejected me because I am this or that?”). I was originally just joking around but seriously if we (visually impaired and blind people) are set up as a sort of screening for those? I mean I have never heard of a visually impaired or blind recruiter being sued for discrimination centered around a candidate who used a video resume have you? For matter has there ever been a successful lawsuit against a a blind recruiter on the grounds of possible discrimination?

Thanks for your time!
Tom