[blindLaw] Accommodations for bar exam

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 03:50:08 UTC 2022

My school provides excellent resources for all students preparing to
take the Bar. I understand not all law schools are like this, and I
also remember collecting my documents to apply for accommodations for
the LSAT. So I know I'll have to do all that myself. But I'm confident
they can get me started by explaining the application process and
assist where they can.

I've got a baby at home and refuse to spend hours fighting with
inaccessible systems and struggling to understand what the Bar
Examiners need to approve my accommodations. If my school can help,
then I'm going to take it where it makes sense. I got a colleague at
work to help me put together my LSAT accommodations packet, and I used
AIRA to help me get all my transcripts to put on that LSAC website for
my law school applications. (These days if you want transcripts, one
of the main websites used to pay and retrieve them makes you sign with
the mouse.) Anyway, readers/law schools are tools in our tool box.
Well, I suppose some law schools aren't set up for this, but if they
do support students taking the Bar, it's likely they have helped
disabled students through the accommodations process before.

Julie

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindlaw_nfbnet.org/sanho817%40gmai

--
Julie A. McGinnity
MM Vocal Performance, 2015; American University Washington College of