[blindLaw] The perennial bar prep question. (Cerridwyn Nordstrom)

Cerridwyn Nordstrom iamcerridwyn at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 15:29:48 UTC 2022

Hi Maura,

I just took the bar in July of this year. For bar prep I did Themis and
added on adaptibar. To me, Themis was basically ideal. I worked with their
accessibility team and they were super helpful and I didn't have any
massive accessibility issues while using their program. On top of that, a
big difference between Themis and Barbri from a more general lens is how
they present the material. Themis breaks their lectures and problem sets
down into shorter sections (like 15-20 minutes) whereas Barbri covers whole
topics in long videos that cover everything at once. I personally do better
with shorter lectures, so this was a big perk for me.

I originally also got adaptibar specifically for their MBE sets, because I
had multiple people recommend it. However, Themis now has access to Uworld
which provides 1000s of real MBE sets, so I didn't use adaptibar as much.

As an aside, if you use reddit at all, I have found the r/barexam forum
really really helpful as someone going through the bar exam. From that
reddit, I know a lot of people had massive tech issues with Barbri this
time around (the program going down or Barbri doing multi day updates
during the bar prep season). Overall I was glad I chose Themis.

I am happy to talk more about this over private messages as well, but I
hope that helps.

Take care,

*Cerridwyn Nordstrom* (She, her, hers)

*“‘No’ has fueled many a revolution.”*