[blindLaw] FW: You're invited to Reed Smith's 2022 Disability Inclusion Summit: Creating an inclusion framework

Matney, Angela R. AMatney at reedsmith.com
Mon Nov 21 22:39:21 UTC 2022

I wanted to extend an invitation to everyone on this list to join Reed Smith’s 2022 Disability and Inclusion summit, to be held on December 1 from 11:00 am – 2:00 pm Eastern on December 1. More information is below. This is the firm’s third annual disability summit, and we look forward to many interesting conversations touching on issues such as the role of digital accessibility in ESG initiatives. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Angie

Angela R. Matney, CIPP/US
Counsel
D: +1 202-414-9343
Preferred pronouns: she/her
amatney at reedsmith.com<mailto:amatney at reedsmith.com>

Bio<https://www.reedsmith.com/en/professionals/m/matney-angela>|vCard<https://www.reedsmith.com/en/professionals/m/matney-angela?format=vcard>|E-Mail|<mailto:%20amatney at reedsmith.com>ReedSmith.com<http://www.reedsmith.com/>

1301 K Street, NW, Suite 1000
Washington, DC 20005

ReedSmith

[2022 Disability Inclusion Summit: Creating an inclusion framework feature photo]

Reed Smith's 2022 Disability Inclusion Summit
Creating an inclusion framework

We would like to invite you once again to Reed Smith’s annual Disability Inclusion Summit, taking place this year on Thursday, 1 December virtually and in our London office.

Over the last three years, our groundbreaking summit has been a flagship event to celebrate International Day of Persons with Disabilities. It has provided a platform for discussion and progress, while also being the medium for exchanging ideas and understanding the challenges that lie ahead in trying to make professions more open and welcoming to talented people with disabilities.

The 2022 Summit will feature panelists from across the firm as well as clients and non-profit partners. Topics will include:

·        The importance of digital accessibility and environmental, social and governance (ESG) awareness

·        Challenges faced in bridging the gap in mindset, from disability to ability

·        The role that affinity groups play

·        Practical considerations in creating an inclusion blueprint

·        Individual stories of diversity journeys

·        Looking ahead to the next generation and how their voice will influence the business environment

Celebrating 10 years of LEADRS

This year also marks the 10-year anniversary of the Reed Smith disability business inclusion group, LEADRS. We are celebrating this milestone by reflecting on the societal progress in DE&I over the last decade as well as the creation of inclusion blueprints at Reed Smith and other organisations.

At the 2022 Summit, we will recognise the contribution of individuals and organisations that have helped progress the inclusion conversation over the last decade.

Thank you for your support for our diversity initiatives over the years and we look forward to you joining us again this year.

Building on our 2020 and 2021 summits

At Reed Smith, we believe in the importance of having an evolving conversation to realize the goal of achieving progress. During the 2020 Disability Inclusion Summit<https://communications.reedsmith.com/e/lheodfvnms9cjuw/7a79ae82-d80d-4fff-9c74-bb15dffc7d6e>, we looked at the myths surrounding disability versus the reality. We also considered the business case for hiring people with disabilities together with the challenges and opportunities presented by COVID-19 and the hybrid work environment. During the 2021 Disability Inclusion Summit<https://communications.reedsmith.com/e/cpka2iufchsuog/7a79ae82-d80d-4fff-9c74-bb15dffc7d6e>, we celebrated the diversity and disability journeys of businesses and organisations.

Thursday, 1 December 2022

Time (for the virtual summit):
8.00 a.m. – 11.00 a.m. (PST)
11.00 a.m. – 2.00 p.m. (EST)
4.00 p.m. – 7.00 p.m. (GMT)

There will be an in-person reception after the event in our London office at 7 p.m. (GMT).

Location (for in-person attendance):
Reed Smith, Floor 33, The Broadgate Tower
20 Primrose Street
London, EC2A 2RS

Questions:
Jessica Batista<mailto:JBatista at reedsmith.com>

Register to attend the summit virtually<https://communications.reedsmith.com/e/yt0u87ma9bjqfqq/7a79ae82-d80d-4fff-9c74-bb15dffc7d6e>

Register to attend the summit and cocktail reception in-person in London<https://communications.reedsmith.com/e/tueosfalsgyeuq/7a79ae82-d80d-4fff-9c74-bb15dffc7d6e>

[LEADRS Logo]

[Mental Health Taskforce Logo]

[All seen. All heard. All valued. All included. All Rise.]

Reed Smith is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. We will provide closed caption service. Contact Jessica Batista<mailto:JBatista at reedsmith.com>, the event planner, to request disability accommodation.

ABU DHABI • ASTANA • ATHENS • AUSTIN • BEIJING • BRUSSELS • CENTURY CITY • CHICAGO • DALLAS • DUBAI • FRANKFURT • HONG KONG • HOUSTON • LONDON • LOS ANGELES • MIAMI • MUNICH • NEW YORK • PARIS • PHILADELPHIA • PITTSBURGH • PRINCETON • RICHMOND • SAN FRANCISCO • SHANGHAI • SILICON VALLEY • SINGAPORE • TYSONS • WASHINGTON, D.C. • WILMINGTON

reedsmith.com<https://communications.reedsmith.com/e/0wusi0sfvovkeag/7a79ae82-d80d-4fff-9c74-bb15dffc7d6e>

[Reed Smith logo]<https://communications.reedsmith.com/e/ex0cegpqif2uyg/7a79ae82-d80d-4fff-9c74-bb15dffc7d6e>

Update your Preferences <https://communications.reedsmith.com/email_handler.aspx?sid=7a79ae82-d80d-4fff-9c74-bb15dffc7d6e&redirect=%2f9%2f5960%2flanding-pages%2fpreference-form.asp&checksum=C98CBC63> | Unsubscribe <https://communications.reedsmith.com/email_handler.aspx?sid=7a79ae82-d80d-4fff-9c74-bb15dffc7d6e&redirect=%2f9%2f5960%2flanding-pages%2funsubscribe.asp&checksum=D931A0A4> | Privacy Policy<https://communications.reedsmith.com/e/5skgsvttg1cwsa/7a79ae82-d80d-4fff-9c74-bb15dffc7d6e> | Legal Notices<https://communications.reedsmith.com/e/o0khgdt4wyo24w/7a79ae82-d80d-4fff-9c74-bb15dffc7d6e> | Forward to a friend <https://communications.reedsmith.com/email_handler.aspx?sid=7a79ae82-d80d-4fff-9c74-bb15dffc7d6e&redirect=%2f9%2f5960%2flanding-pages%2fforward-to-a-friend.asp&checksum=DD13C347>

© 2022 Reed Smith LLP. All rights reserved.

 This communication may be considered Attorney Advertising – Details<https://communications.reedsmith.com/e/uj0ipja5sxnlyza/7a79ae82-d80d-4fff-9c74-bb15dffc7d6e>

The contents of this communication are for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome in the future.

External Signed

* * *

This E-mail, along with any attachments, is considered confidential and may well be legally privileged. If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status. Please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you for your cooperation.

Disclaimer Version RS.US.201.407.01