[blindLaw] Accommodations for bar exam

Lauren Bishop laurenbishop96 at icloud.com
Mon Oct 31 00:51:41 UTC 2022

Good evening All,
Have any of you had success with advocating for an accessible electronic version of your bar exam, and the ability to use jaws? I was looking at the Florida accommodations petition, and I noticed that the only formats that they listed or braille, large, print, or audio CD. The petition doesn’t say anything about the use of a screen reader, and, although I am proficient in braille, I need to be able to type my essays because I’ve never worked with a scribe before. Also, I use jaws more than I use braille, and in past standardized, test administrations, I have use the screen reader to take the test.   I’m also noticing that none of the petition documents are fillable I a person using a screen reader.
If any of you have information regarding this, I would really appreciate it.
Lauren.

Sent from my iPhone