[blindLaw] Reading handwriting as a blind attorney

lmendez716 at gmail.com lmendez716 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 20:28:06 UTC 2023

Good afternoon, Sarah:

I agree, getting a reader, particularly one with experience decoding
handwriting, if you can find one, is the only way to go. Be aware, that even
people with excellent vision can  find reading handwriting, especially from
older or poorly copied documents difficult.  Also, if the case involves
potential fraud or forgery, using someone who can point out potential
discrepancies'  in the document's handwriting style could be helpful in
pointing out the need  to consult  an expert.

Luis Mendez