[blindLaw] Interviewing whilevisually impaired

Sanho Steele-Louchart sanho817 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 08:35:24 UTC 2023

Danny and Rob,

You can't imagine how harmful and disrespectful it is to espouse such
beliefs on a public forum. At the very least you have no idea how many
trans people read your message yesterday or will run across it in
archives in the future. Please note sections IV of the NFB's Code of
Conduct, which states:

". . . we do not condone the use of demeaning, derogatory, or
discriminatory language, action, or any other form of expression
intended to marginalize an individual or group. The National
Federation of the Blind does not tolerate discrimination on the basis
of. .  . gender identity and expression, sexual orientation. . ."

The National Federation of the Blind stands against transphobia within
the blindness community, and that includes on this list.

Sanho

Sanho Steele-Louchart, Chair
National Federation of the Blind LGBT+ Group

--
He/Him