[blindLaw] research and writing

Nikki Singh nikki.singh at aya.yale.edu
Sun Oct 22 02:43:46 UTC 2023

Julie's response reminds me to add that you should become good friends
with your law school's library staff. They can scan printed materials
for you. Mine did, which was helpful at the start of the semester when
I was waiting for the disability office to complete scanning all my
course textbooks. More relevantly, they should be able to direct you
to your school's Westlaw and Lexis reps. The reps' job is to get you
introduced and reasonably comfortable with using these two mainstream
services to conduct basic research into case law, statutes,
regulations, and law review articles. You will invariably expand
beyond that over time. For now, you can request that you work with a
rep one-on-one till you are confident to start using Westlaw/Lexis on
your own. From there, you can delve into more advanced research
techniques, either on your own or with another one-on-one session with
a rep.

Sincerely,
Nikki