[blindLaw] Inaccessibility and Confidentiality

rodalcidonis at gmail.com rodalcidonis at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 20:25:49 UTC 2023

Julie:

A clinical experience needs to be as real as the real thing. This is clearly an instance where the clinic should be providing you with a human reader to assist. Indeed, you should not be asking your partner as this is not a class assignment but a program in which the learning should be mostly individualized.

Start by having a conversation along those lines with your clinic professor and explore making a formal request for reasonable accommodations. Otherwise, I'm afraid your clinical experience will not be providing you with the real-world experience that such a program should, as a form of preparation to help you succeed in the practice of law after law school.

Good luck!

Rod Alcidonis, Esq.