[blindLaw] Scholarships (internal within school) and aid and grants

Lauren Bishop laurenbishop96 at icloud.com
Sat Feb 24 00:07:17 UTC 2024

Hello,
As a graduate student, you are going to be considered independent. The only federal financial aid that you will be able to get is unsubsidized loans. Granson scholarships may be awarded based on merit based on your school. There is a lot of controversy surrounding for profit law schools. A lot of them don’t have very good bar, pass rates and their accreditation With the ABA is at risk. You are going to have a very difficult time getting any employment if your school is not accredited, so definitely go for the nonprofit schools and make sure that they are accredited. There are some law schools out there that aren’t accredited, but I don’t think that Volk rehab has to pay for those.   I don’t really understand Volk rehab, but what I’ve been told is that if it is that you want to be an attorney, Volk rehab should pay for your schooling. They will have their own rules on what they will pay for. You can get Merrit based scholarships. I also applied for a lot of need-based aid that my school Allowed students to apply for during their time in school.
Also, I’m sure the LSAT still has their fee waiver program. If you are interested in taking the test soon, I would go ahead and apply for that. The worst they can say is no.