[blindLaw] Analytical Reasoning Section on the LSAT

Abin Dahal abin.dahal at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 17:51:11 UTC 2024

I took this exam last year and want to follow up on what Julie suggested.
Don't worry about time at first. Do you feel like you have a good
conceptual grasp of Analytical Reasoning? If you start completing full
sections untimed with 0-1 errors, and you're able to do so without relying
on method of elimination per question then that's a good barometer for your
mastery of the concepts. Then it is just a matter of doing as many problems
as you can to improve your timing. If you get to this point, no harm in
taking both the June and later LSATs so that you can use your best score.

If however, you feel like analytical reasoning will not help you put your
best foot forward, that's ok! Lot of people feel that way about that
section. In that case, I would recommend studying logical reasoning and
reading comprehension as much as you can to do well in the August exam and
beyond. If you're applying this fall for the 2025 class, you're definitely
fine to take any exam August - October. Later ones are fine too but
anything in that window will be timely enough for early application
submissions for early decision or scholarship applications. Some people
will say that logical reasoning and reading comprehension are hard to
improve but I would disagree. Those sections are very learnable and
possible to master with the right training and practice.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Abin

Best,