[Blindmath] Press Release: MathType 6.5 for Windows is available

John Gardner john.gardner at orst.edu
Wed Dec 3 05:34:42 UTC 2008

Lori, it is quasi accessible.   If you know Latex, you can use it relatively
easily to write equations in Word, and you can also extract Latex from
MathType in Latex, although with a bit more difficulty.

This new version allows you to write a Latex equation in Word and have it
automatically converted into MathType.  I'm not quite sure how this magic
happens, but I am told it is really easy.

One can set some MathType parameters to cause MathType to paste Latex to the
clipboard when you copy from it.  So to get an equation, you select it, copy
to clipboard, then paste back in to Word or notepad or... To get the
equation in Latex.  By the way you can use MathML instead of Tex to write
and read MathType too.  Not me!

I suppose this is accessible, at least it's lots more accessible than
MathType once was.  But not so usable, especially for reading.

John