[Blindmath] Press Release: MathType 6.5 for Windows is available

Neil Soiffer Neils at dessci.com
Wed Dec 3 17:22:32 UTC 2008

As John and Theodor wrote, the WYSWYG part of MathType is not accessible --
we still hope to do that some day if we can get a grant to fund the work
(there is no way we could ever recoup the development costs with sales and
we are a very small company, so budgets are very tight).  However, as both
John and Theordor wrote, with this new feature, you can collaborate with
your colleagues that use Word and MathType or Equation Editor.  You only
need to learn the math parts of TeX, not all of TeX, so that is much less to
learn.

This won't solve everyone's access problems, but I hope it helps make math
in Word more accessible.

Neil Soiffer
Senior Scientist
Design Science, Inc.
www.dessci.com
~ Makers of Equation Editor, MathType, MathPlayer and MathFlow ~