[Blindmath] Summer University workshop in Vienna

Roopakshi Pathania r_akshi_tgk at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 20 13:35:37 UTC 2009

Hi,

OK, here I go, but remember you did ask for advice.

I’m dividing the topics that I consider to be necessary into 2 categories, simply because the second category is of personal interest.

-	Working with MATLAB

-	Creating content in DAISY with MathML (to be possibly covered by Design Science?)

-	Producing Mathematical content using speech recognition tools (TalkMaths possibly?)

I’m willing to volunteer for the R session, but my skill level is nowhere near to that of Professor Godfree’s. This brings me to my second category where I have some basic experience, but anyone else with better knowledge is welcome to do the job

-	Use of other statistical packages like Stata

-	Creating basic diagrams using Gnuplot, the PSTrix package, etc.

-	Data sonification (basic graphs)

-	Working with Spreadsheet functions and formulas (this caters more to the real world applications)

Bert, a member of this list, and currently pursuing a doctoral thesis in Development Economics is also good with Statistical packages.

Regards

"Hard work will get you a professorship or a BMW. You need both work and luck for a Booker, a Nobel or a private jet."
~ Nassim Nicholas Taleb