[Blindmath] Math editing and conversion

Blind Collegian collegeandcareer at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 5 00:23:27 UTC 2009

Hello everybody,
I greatly appreciate the various suggestions on how to make doing math
effective and less time-consuming.
Does anyone have an idea what to do when your instructor wants you to work
with a sighted person on the portion of the course that deals with graphs? I
told the professor I cannot do the drawing, all I can do is answer the
assigned problems in the textbook. But he wants me to find a way to
represent my answers in a graph. It just doesn't seem to be possible, is it?
Does LaTeX support graphing?
The biggest challenge is that none in the Math and Science Division seems to
recognize LaTeX; instead, most utilize MathType only. Any suggestions? It
does not seem like there is a more uniform and efficient solution other than
to struggle with various approaches. Additionally, what works for some
students does not work for others, in large part because not all
universities/colleges have the resources.