[Blindmath] Math editing and conversion

Jennifer fluffy_bunny_1988 at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Feb 8 00:42:21 UTC 2009

When I did exams I had to make K maps. I won't go in to what these are but
they are a graphical way or representing logical functions. I had a purely
tactile system that used Braille dimo gun labels I stuck on and different
shapes to represent the zeros, ones and x pieces. I labelled the tactile so
I knew where the top was and so that a sited assistant could get the
photograph the right way round by comparing it to my tactile representation.
I Then read the Braille labels to the assistant so they could be written on
to the printed photo that could be scanned and e-mailed or provided in hard
copy form. A key was also provided so the sited viewer would no which shapes
represented zeros, ones or x pieces.
I am currently studying computer science and cybernetics. This course has a
fair bit of maths in it so I am following this thread with interest.

Hope this helps!
Jen!