[Blindmath] college and math

Kathy Fraase kathy_fraase at bismarckschools.org
Wed Jan 14 16:24:59 UTC 2009

I have a student who is blind that is going to college next year.  She
is trying to decide between a public or private college.   We are trying
to figure out how to get a math book in Braille for college.  Where does
one look to see what is available and where would one find a braillist
to get one brailled quickly?  Have people taken a math class without a
brailled text?

This is an above average student who has done very well in high school.
She is good with technology and uses a laptop and braillenote very well.

Any thoughts or suggestions on this topic or college for a student who
is blind would be appreciated.

Kathy