[Blindmath] college and math

tribble lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 06:18:59 UTC 2009

This calls to mind my brother, a mechanical engineer, who took an advanced
statistics class as part of his continuing education. He had an hour commute
to work, so he would spend the evening before recording chapters of his stat
book, then listen to himself read as he drove to work. I told him it was a
good thing he was driving as that would put anyone else to sleep. (I never
did like statistics -- I'm more an abstract algebra type.)
--le