[Blindmath] Jaws and matlab?

Jennifer fluffy_bunny_1988 at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Jan 29 15:39:34 UTC 2009

Hello all. I am new to the list and have a question regarding Matlab.

I am currently studying Computer Science and Cybernetics and am in my second
year of study. I have to use Matlab and have found it very inaccessible. I
have tried the mathworks solutions I found at the following link:

http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/index.html?/access/hel
pdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_env/bqwp009-1.html
<http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/index.html?/access/he
lpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_env/bqwp009-1.html&http://www.google.co.uk/search
?hl=en&q=screen+reader+support+matlab&btnG=Google+Search&meta>
&http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=screen+reader+support+matlab&btnG=Go
ogle+Search&meta=

I am currently using Matlab r2008a on a windows XP system with jaws 9.0
(note soon to upgrade to jaws 10). How can I make this software usable? I am
happy to try an alternative screen reader (open source or otherwise) if it
will fix the problem! I would also use a Braille display on its own if this
was possible and open source drivers were available as well as scripts/ad
-ons to assist with accessing Matlab!

Thanks

Jen!

database 3805 (20090127) __________