[Blindmath] Recommendation: Laptop vs. Desktop

Angie Matney angie.matney at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 22:35:13 UTC 2009

I don't know what kind of processor speed you need, but netbooks ship with
XP for the most part. Mine (Asus EeePC 1000HE) can handle moderately
demanding tasks. They are also pretty cheap and have batteries that last
forever. But it has been a long time since I've used mathematical software
(converted to the dark side, got a degree in law), so I don't know if this
would meet your needs or not.

Angie