[Blindmath] Excel macros and VBA

Richard Dinger rrdinger at olypen.com
Fri Jun 5 15:19:19 UTC 2009

Hi Philip,

I have used VBA in Office 2003 quite a bit and find it very accessible with
jaws.

You must know or learn Visual Basic, however, and learn a bit about the VBA
Integrated Development Environment (IDE).  Your first step is to set the
security feature to allow VBA, this is done in the tools->macro->security
menu.

Next you may want some manual or reference book.  Jamal has some resources
on his site in plain text.  Also if you have BookShare, I have found the
book "Writing Excel Macros" to be helpful if you mostly ignore the chapters
on building graphical interfaces in VBA.  Graphical interfaces are possible,
but tricky to do without sight.

If I can be of any further help, let me know.  I am a bit rusty on VBA as it
has been about two years since I wrote anything very elaborate, but I can
probably dredge up some help if you have specific questions.

Richard