[Blindmath] FW: [Athen] MathML in Firefox

Neil Soiffer Neils at dessci.com
Fri Jun 5 18:17:45 UTC 2009

Coincidentally, I just submitted a grant proposal that includes among other
things, porting MathPlayer's functionality to Firefox.  If we get the grant,
then by next summer, there will hopefully be a solution... IF (and those of
you who read my postings probably know what is coming next)... you can
convince your screen reader vendor to call MathPlayer as they walk the
Firefox DOM and come to math.  If I implement math accessibility, sadly,
that doesn't mean screen readers will take advantage of it.  Make sure your
screen reader manufacturer (commercial or open source) makes math access a
priority.

Neil Soiffer
Senior Scientist
Design Science, Inc.
www.dessci.com
~ Makers of MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, MathDaisy, WebEQ, Equation
Editor ~