[Blindmath] Drawing Graphs in College Level Math Course

sarah.jevnikar at utoronto.ca sarah.jevnikar at utoronto.ca
Mon Jun 8 03:48:29 UTC 2009

It saddens me that whole math classes would be waived for students,
seeminngly due only to the fear that they would be too challenging.
It's worth asking the professor how important these particular graphs
are. Perhaps if he or she meets with the student individually and they
discuss the overall concept so that the professor knows the student
understands the idea behind the assignment, then this particular one
for graphing will be waived. Or a description of the graphs can be
provided by the student, showing her knowledge of the graphs without
the irritation of having to create them with craft supplies.
I hope this helps. I hope also that classes will not be denied to
students only because they are harder to accommodate.
Sincerely,
Sarah Jevnikar