[Blindmath] Math on Linux

Timothy Taves timtaves at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 17:49:09 UTC 2009

Hey guys, I just found this group.  Its good to be here.  I am a physics
grad student with vision problems.  Its good to know I am not the only one
in this position.

I was reading over some of the archives and I noticed that you talk about
inftyreader a lot.  I looked it up and it seems like a very useful program.
Is it true that it converts pdf files to LaTeX code?  That is exactly what I
need.  I have a bunch of scanned books, saved as pdf and djvu files that my
computer can't read.

Also, Is there a similar progam for linux?  If not maybe I'll just convert
all of my books using the free trial on a friend's window's computer.

Thanks for your help guys, Tim