[Blindmath] Braille Graphs

Blind Collegian collegeandcareer at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 9 14:40:29 UTC 2009

Hello,
I have my math book transcribed by a transcribing agency. But when the text arrived, I noticed that almost each section contained mistakes in the form of either missed numbers or wrong numbers or other characters. But what is most annoying is that a lot of the graphs designed in Braille don't match the print version. The lines and enclosures are too small to be easily felt for even the most sophisticated Braille reader, with numbers often placed on the tactile lines or dots to make the reading of the graph's contents difficult. yet, the agency claims the transcription was correctly done.
is there anybody out there who had experienced something like this? If so, what remedies dod you employ? Sighted help to read the graphs? And isn't there a way to enlarge the tactile graphs so that numbers and variables can be read with ease and efficiency?
Thanks,