[Blindmath] poorly prepared tactile graphics

Blind Collegian collegeandcareer at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 13 20:32:20 UTC 2009

Hi,
Thanks to everybody on this list for all the various helpful suggestions and
comments. I didn't realize there was no set rule that standarizes tactile
graphic design.
the alternate media office at my school stated that they were simply
following the print version of the graphs, but many of the graphs and
diagrams are produced differently and some variables are placed outside the
graph, forcing me to seek sighted help before realizing the incorrect
placement of variables and some toher symbols. Deciphering the tactile
graphs is consuming more of my time than learning the problems.
I will ask the tactile graphics producer if they are following the latest
guidelines, though judging by the wide variety in the size and texture of
the graphs and diagrams, i don't think they are.