[Blindmath] Mathematical document accessibility

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Sat Mar 14 02:04:42 UTC 2009

P. R. Stanley <prstanley at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> I disagree! LaTeX isn't just for typesetting maths. Learning LaTeX would
> allow you the freedom to typeset professional quality documents without
> having to shell out hundreds on a less than accessible editor.

We've had this discussion before on the list, where it was pointed out that
LaTeX can be used as a better alternative to word processors for a wide
variety of documents. This is why there are LaTeX styles for everything from
post cards, to resumes, reports, articles, books and so on.

After making the switch to LaTeX, I didn't need a word processor anymore.