[Blindmath] accessible math websites

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Sun Mar 15 23:53:51 UTC 2009

sarah.jevnikar at utoronto.ca <sarah.jevnikar at utoronto.ca> wrote:
> Every so often, I find my math text inadequately explains a topic, and
> so I wish to look it up online. However I find many math websites have
> equations as images that JAWS won't read. Are there any sites you know
> of which explain mathematical concepts that are JAWS-friendly?

The following should be accessible with any screen reader.

http://planetmath.org/encyclopedia/

Also, David Santos has compiled notes on various mathematical topics ranging
from arithmetic to calculus. These are available in LaTeX format from his Web
site.
http://faculty.ccp.edu/faculty/dsantos/lecture_notes.html