[Blindmath] Accessible LaTeX

Jose Tamayo jtblas at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 6 14:28:50 UTC 2009

I could not agree with this more.  My experience has been quite interesting
as I lost my sight six years ago.  Now I am pursuing a degree in Computer
Science and have not found one method which suits me well enough.  One
method always has its drawbacks and I have found that I will require more
options if I am to succeed.

Teaching a man to fish is simple compared to teaching a man to do Math with
LaTeX; when we put it in such simple  terms.  There is only one way to fish
and that is with a fishing line.  If you say, "Teach a man to catch," then
you are providing a lifetime of experiences that is filled with many
methodologies and processes for success.      LaTeX is just one tool in the
Tackel box, to continue with the fishing analogy.  The tackle box must not
only contain the LaTeX methodology but must also contain other tools.  A
fisherman cannot catch a fish with one lure   One lure will get him a
particular type of fish in a specified location at a specified time.

While my argument is extremely simplistic, it aims to illustrate that the
one-for-all approach is not always best.

Regards,
Jose Tamayo

i-----Original Message-----