[Blindmath] Giving a Test for Mensa

Matthew_2010 Matthew_2010 at charter.net
Sun Oct 11 11:49:26 UTC 2009

Maybe her teacher has no knowledge of sensory substitution because its junk
science--as described in this article. Your brain processes
vision/sound/smell and so forth because of the associated structures
beginning with the sensory systems all the way to associated neural
structures on your brain's cortex and many other substructures. Unless
you're prepared to rewire the 30 million neurons from your eyes and visual
cortex to another subsystem, you will not "see" as you think you will
because your skin simply cannot process black and white like rods nor can
your skin process color like your cones do. I won't even bother explaining
bipolar cells, accommodation, and your retina as its too complex a system to
be ported over to another sensory system. You will simply not hear, nor
taste like you think you will by somehow magically rerouting sensory nerves
to various parts of your cortex. It just don't work that way! Furthermore,
you will be taxing another sensory system by doubling its workload in effect
drastically reducing its natural ability to process its related sensory
stimuli. Please always keep in mind that Wikipedia is not a source of valid
scientifically researched information, its simply a source of information.

Matthew