[Blindmath] Reading in Winedt

Trevor Saunders trev.saunders at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 02:04:45 UTC 2009

Hi,

I find the interaction of screen readers with vim to be very variable.  In windows jaws had some funny quirks, atleast for jaws 7.1 and before.  Under linux vim and yasr work fairly well, pressing j,k,l,h have actually cause the correct things to be read for example.  Although I don't know either as well as some others I found that speakup and orca also don't read the text you moved to with j,k,l,h but perhaps this can be fixed.  An interesting idea I have never actually tried is to open vi in a shell in emacspeak.

Trev

But vim is a little tricky with a screen reader.
I was a heavy vi user before losing my print vision. I was spoiled.  But I
really liked the interface in vi -- having command mode separate from text
entry.
--le