[Blindmath] (no subject)

Christine Szostak szostak.1 at osu.edu
Tue Sep 15 00:18:18 UTC 2009

Hi,
  First, thank you sincerely for the information. A slight clarification,
and maybe this will make my reasoning for using this analysis a little
better,or potentially a lot worse. I am open to any arguments either way as
I am always eager to learn.

  What I am actually attempting to do is to see if  removing one parameter
from a 4-parameter model will yield a null result when compared to the
4-parameter model. Variance testing (e.g., ANOVA results) with the data
suggest that holding one particular parameter constant does not change the
results. Thus, I am planning to use the statistic to essentially demonstrate
that allowing the additional parameter to vary yields no changes in  the
data.
Many thanks,
Chris

Christine M. Szostak
Graduate Student
Language Perception Laboratory
Department of Psychology, Cognitive Area
The Ohio State University
Columbus, Ohio
szostak.1 at osu.edu