[Blindmath] MatLab for statistics

Alastair Irving alastair.irving at sjc.ox.ac.uk
Thu Sep 17 10:40:39 UTC 2009

Hi

I've only used Matlab very briefly, but I think I'm right in saying
that it has two interfaces, a graphical one and a text-based
commandline one.  The latter uses Java and can in theory be made
accessible with Jaws using the java access bridge, (although I've never managed
it), so I would suggest using the commandline interface.

Is it compulsory that you use Matlab?  I've never really heard of it
being used for stats and would have thought R would be a better
package to use.  R is very accessible, (see the list archives for
details).

HTH

Alastair Irving