[Blindmath] TransBraille Software

Susan Jolly easjolly at ix.netcom.com
Fri Sep 18 21:28:34 UTC 2009

I don't think it was ever intended for TransBraille to be used to convert
embossed braille by persons who can't see well enough to spot errors
visually.  TransBraille is to my knowledge the only software that attempts
to convert embossed braille to electronic form when the braille has been
produced on a Perkins and has smudges or other extraneous marks and/or the
lines aren't completely straight.  However, this is a very difficult process
and the result typically requires some corrections to be made visually.

However, I believe that once your students start using a braille keyboard to
produce electronic braille math as ASCII code (which in my opinion they
should do as soon as possible) then they can use the conversion to print
feature of the Full TransBraille system to turn their braille into print.

HTH,
SusanJ