[Blindmath] JSMath

Alastair Irving alastair.irving at sjc.ox.ac.uk
Sun Aug 1 16:42:30 UTC 2010

Hi All

I've just been looking at http://mathoverflow.net which uses JSMath to
represent mathematics.  I was wondering if anyone knows of a reasonable
way to access JSMath using a screenreader?  If I open the webpage's HTML
source then I can read the mathematics easily as it's written using a
syntax based on LaTeX.  However, it would be better to be able to access
this LaTeX source directly when reading the webpage rather than having
to open the HTML.

My only idea so far is to stop my browser from loading the JSMath
javascript files, so that the LaTeX-like syntax will be shown directly,
but this seems rather clumsy.

Many thanks

Alastair Irving