[Blindmath] survey to help with research project

Alex Hall mehgcap at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 18:25:37 UTC 2010

Hi all,
Below I have pasted the text of a request sent to me by a student
working on a research project. If you could help out, he would greatly
appreciate it. The survey consists of mostly selecting choices; at
first it used dropdown lists, but they did not work well with jaws11
and IE8, at least for me, so he changed the lists to radio buttons.
Anyway, here is the request and associated info:

student survey: help with university of washington accessibility research

Hello,

My name is Shaun Kane, and I'm a doctoral student at the University of
Washington in Seattle, WA. Our research group, the AIM Research Group
(http://depts.washington.edu/aimgroup)
is working to develop new tools
to improve the accessibility of computers and other technologies for
blind and visually impaired people.

We are currently conducting research to remove accessibility barriers
in schools, especially for group classroom activities. To help with
this research, we are currently conducting a survey to understand
current accessibility problems in classrooms for blind and visually
impaired people.

This survey is for current college students or people who attended
college courses within the last 5 years, who are blind or visually
impaired. You must be 18 or over to complete this survey.

The survey is available over the web at
http://bit.ly/classroomsurvey
. The survey should take approximately 10 to 15 minutes to complete,
and is anonymous.

Whether or not you complete this survey, we would appreciate it if you
could pass this announcement on to anyone who might wish to complete
it. This research will help us to develop new tools and technologies
to improve accessibility in school and classroom settings.

If you experience any problems with the survey, or if you have any
questions about the research in general, please contact me, Shaun
Kane, by email at
skane at uw.edu
 or by phone at 206-923-8306.

Thank you for your time.