[Blindmath] Graph Sonification was: Researhc Project -Correction to project download page

Matthew2010 Matthew_2010 at charter.net
Mon Aug 16 18:27:50 UTC 2010

WTH is sonification?

Matthew

From: Roopakshi Pathania
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2010 10:21 AM
To: Blind Math list for those interested in mathematics
Cc: Tony Stockman
Subject: Re: [Blindmath] Graph Sonification was: Researhc Project -Correction to project download page

Hi all,

Just to give you all some more information about this project:
Around 3 months ago, I contacted Dr. Stockman, a professor at the Queen Mary University of London to develop an application for the purpose of sonification of graphs that would have specific functionality that I and other blind users wanted. Dr Stockman, who has done some research in Sonification agreed and assigned Paul, one of his student the project of developing such an application.
In less than 3 months, Paul with my suggestions has come up with an application called Co-Graph that attempts to explore just the beginning of the vast potential that lies within the field of sonification for data analysis for blind and visually impaired users.
Here are some of the features of Co-Graph.
1. Creation of a graph from a text file which should meet the format specified.
2. Editing of graph data through the data table in the application.
3. Sonification of the entire graph.
4. Sonification of points in the graph.
5. Speech production of different points in the graph.
6. Navigation from point to point via the use of the arrow keys.

I would sincerely appreciate if you would help Paul and me by evaluating the application and sending your feedback.
Feel free to ask Paul or me any questions that you may have.

Thanks
Roopakshi