[Blindmath] A question about Microsoft Words equation editor

John Gardner john.gardner at orst.edu
Thu Jan 7 00:25:33 UTC 2010

MS Word 2007's native math editor has a display mode that is
quasi-accessible.  You'd need to add some symbols to your screen reader
dictionary and be willing to put up with a ton of parentheses.  If you
are lucky you might get somebody at Microsoft to help you a bit, but as
far as I know there are no tutorials for using this math editor with a
screen reader.  So unless somebody else knows of additional information,
you'd be on your own.

Frankly I would just install MathType and use it in MS Word.  MathType
is usable by a blind person if you know how to read and write Latex
equations.