[Blindmath] Colllege calculus Questions

sarah.jevnikar at utoronto.ca sarah.jevnikar at utoronto.ca
Fri Jul 9 03:40:59 UTC 2010

Hi Peter,
You're right. I apologize for belabouring the point. You make a good
point about theory-based programs without any experience being a
challenge for many. I think this is true of both the blind and
sighted, but definitely the blind face unique challenges. I was
fortunate to get a "mainstream" summer job, but I know that is
uncommon. My question to you is what would you suggest? How would you,
in collaboration with people on this list and the mainstream
population, make this better? There is potential for a really good
discussion here if we are willing to listen to each other.

I hope not all the info I gave was redundant. Take a look at these
three programs: I mentioned the first two but forgot to put the links
in my original message.
InftyReader:
http://www.sciaccess.net/en/InftyReader/index.html
ChattyInfty:
http://www.sciaccess.net/en/ChattyInfty/index.html
MathTalk (a program where you dictate math to your computer and it
produces print math for you):
http://metroplexvoice.com/
I sincerely hopes this helps you somewhat.
Sarah