[Blindmath] engineering for blind students

Peter Wolfe sunspot005 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 19:00:56 UTC 2010

Kartik Sawhney:,

   Are you looking for brick and morta schoolong or internet purely
based courses in engineering? Online ngineering is a joke if a college
is requiring you out of that in my opinion cause you need a ground
work bases for it physically. I'm in computer science courses coming
up this fall and we have particular computer labs on campus for
computer science majors to use. If you need to show the professor your
difficulty in tactical means you would be better suited directly
physically with your teacher. If you did a half-half approach, which
my college at Auburn University doesn't do you could perhaps do some
nonengineering courses that way. What exactly are you wanting out of
your office for students with disabilities? Here at my University they
convert formats like powerpoints to word or html for you as a student.
They attempt in a timely manner to get your book in an alternative
format with the time permited by the instructor's announcement to get
the book from them directly like the title and isbn number or whatever
to get permission from the publisher directly for that alternative
format request. Otherwise, they will have to scan it in manually which
wil take sometime in doing. The projects are largely your
responsability and my school doesn't have that many resources itself
because each PSD in my opinion gears itself around a particular
disability in my opinion and the others are shoved out more or less.
My school it's the physically handicapped and others its hearing
impaired JSU or formerly for the blind though not anymore. If you are
expecting that people do the actual materials for you, you would be
wrong. There is no pity in the U.S system at all even if you have
proof the system works like you are a normal student and should adapt
or utterly fail without incident.