[Blindmath] Questions about accommodations

Jessica jess28 at samobile.net
Fri Jun 4 18:05:54 UTC 2010

Hi,
In my experience with the O&M stuff it's generally something that the
state agency for the blind would pay for to get the student used to
traveling on a college campus. Also keep in mind with the way the
economy is right now that the colleges may not be willing to pay for
the Math books to be brailled because unfortunately it's extremely
expensive to get a book brailled.  By the way that is what the tutoring
services on campus are for also they will evaluate you to see what type
of services you make need. Also, keep in mind some of the tutoring
services on campuses get federal money and to keep it coming so to
speak they need to have a certain number of students using their
services. I know when I was going to a local community college in my
area a few years ago that's what the person who was in charge of the
Math tutoring lab had told me.
Jessica