[Blindmath] A Blog Post on Pronunciation Guides for Mathematical Notation, Expressions, and Greek Letters

Roopakshi Pathania r_akshi_tgk at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 27 10:59:36 UTC 2010

Actually I was going through the blog looking for R and LaTeX based posts when I found this.
Thought this would be of interest to someone.

>From the blog:

When doing research in psychology you are sometimes required to study new statistical or mathematical techniques on your own. However, mathematical books
rarely tell you how to pronounce the mathematical symbols. And even if you know how to pronounce the symbols in isolation, this does not guaranty that
you can pronounce a mathematical expression made up of multiple symbols. Being able to read mathematical notation is a basic first step in aiding memory
and conceptual understanding. The following links provide resources on reading mathematical symbols and provide a good reference if you encounter symbols
and expressions with which you are not familiar.

http://jeromyanglim.blogspot.com/2009/05/pronunciation-guides-for-mathematical.html